Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Lesson

  1. A dancer must own the music, the song. They must be able to contain all of it, The song can never be larger than the dancer.
  2. I believe in the end, its all about the music, and your connection with it. The stronger the connection, the better the performance. Dancing allows me to explore music, and the songs that I'm passionate about. Its like your so in love with this song, its like, "What do I do with it?" I need to do something with it.
  3. I was not inspired last night, why? None of them owned the songs, the songs were larger than them. They could not control it. I felt they were just DANCING. "1, and 2, and 3 and 4." Technically, good. I have never seen anyone use clams? instead of cymbals, that was the most inspiring thing of the night. And sometimes just the music choice itself is uninspiring
  4. Whats the difference between a good Tribal Fusion dancer and an excellent one? Character/Connection/Energy, Flexibility, and Strength (the ability to control every inch of your body).

No comments:

Post a Comment