Sunday, December 26, 2010

* Ariellah. the most influential.



So, through my journey thus far, this is the most meaningful and influential piece I've ever seen. I know I've posted this before, but I can't help it. It means too much to me. Out of all the videos, routines, ext, this has been on top. I actually save it, and watch it on special occasions (every now & then), because it makes me tear up every single time. And it doesn't matter what I'm thinking about before watching, I will forget all about it by the end. Every single time. I loved how one person described certain sections in the piece, "like waves crashing"...
Ariellah is definitely my favorite dancer of all time, if I had to place only one at the top she has to be it. Don't get wrong, Rachel and Zoe are cloooossssse behind her.
But it's like she had total control over all of the energy in the room. I hope to create that one day... Out of everything I do, thats the one thing thats pretty high on my list, if not just barely on top.

I will probably come back to this post periodically, and write more...

but for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment