Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Epiphany

I took a workshop/Ballet workshop with Stephanie F, and I could not grasp what was happening during the workshop for the life of me...
BUT then I started dancing in the kitchen and using my head following my hands, using my eyes...
And somehow I realized its all about energy.
It isn't really dancing, its something else that I actually cannot describe...
(I'm not dancing actually, I'm inside of the emotions of the song)

And with energy comes my facial expressions.
Improv for me at least is allllll about throwing, passing, and transferring energy through my body as well as into the audience.

It's about not showing the song, but truly feeling and being INSIDE of the song....

There is this really special moment when I was improving (I video record), and I transferred most of the energy in my hand, cradled it, molded it on my way down and through it into the audience...

I can visualize the energy, and the energy is the song...in my head its literally a ball that goes everywhere and can take over my whole body. I can let a little of it out, split it in half (some in my hands/some in my chest)..ext

I see Zoe and Ariellah, in my dancing for sure. Mainly Ariellah though.

I am soooo excited!!!!
BUT, you cannot be tired/Please Rest, and NEED a song that you truly understand, and can feel.  Massive Attack has the perfect song for passing energy. It almost makes me want to perform at the Hafla next month... But I dunno yet...

Learning learning learning... So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment